Bathroom conversations

(This post can be taken in a nasty way or inspire you...viewer's digression advised)

Yesterday was Labor day.  And, boy, did I have the most laboring Labor day of my life.  In a total of forty eight hours I only sat down to eat or to pee.  I did lay down to sleep a little, but that doesn't count.

Anyways,  so today I was back at school,  doing that school thing, sitting, sitting, some talking.  Yeah.

Then in between classes I went to the bathroom. 

One thing you ought to know:  I have a phobia of public bathrooms.  Not because I'm like "Ewww...nasty. Someone else's butt touched this toilet."  I am just terrified to have to interact with other people while going to the bathroom.  It's weird.  People who chat through the stall?  Strange.  Silence? Strange.  Fix my makeup and chat? Strange. The people who can talk on the phone while going?  Now that's multitasking. And strange.

Generally, I just do my business and get out.  But today,  there was a really chatty lady who must of just desperately needed to have a conversation.

Lady: "So how was your holiday?"
Me: (while washing my hands and avoiding eye contact because I'm awkward like that)  "Good.  Crazy busy, but good."
Lady: "I know!  I always think, 'I'm going to get soo much school stuff done with my day off', but nope.  I never do."
Me: (Laughing)  "Yeah, that's how it always goes for me too.  Good thing it's just the beginning of the semester right?"
Lady: "Oh, so true.  Just yesterday I..."


And so the conversation continued...

and continued...

and my hands air dryed, because there were no paper towels.

and I'm thinking   
 Lady,  I got a schedule here.  I have got to go!  And this bathroom is a really awkward place for us to keep talking.  And we're getting strange looks and yada, yada, yada...


But then I stopped listening to my brain and realized that I was carrying on the conversation as much as she was.  And I was enjoying the conversation.  And the way she broke the ice without being mechanical... So how was your holiday?

And I liked her.

Even though she looked as if she was in her forties (probably a professor or a non-traditional student)  and has a completely different life phase that I know nothing about.  We could still interact and connect in a casual, natural and pleasant way.

I feel like we're friends even though I'll probably never see her again.

Yeah, I still don't get these people...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright Behind Sky Eyes . All Rights Reserved.

Designed by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine

Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates