Another dam post

Whenever my family passes the Glen Canyon Dam,  we stop.  A classic tourism move for the Barton clan.  

With each visit we enjoy a barrage of "dam" jokes.  My brothers and I pretend to damn everything. (*Warning* These are only funny if you realize the nature of swearing in Mormon culture)

Maybe if I took the dam test I would know my dam IQ. 

You can take a dam tour from the dam tour guide and they will give you more dam information than the dam posters.




So yeah,  the dam visit is always enjoyable.  
But what I really want to discuss is this dam picture.  They have this picture on the wall that says "History of Glen Canyon Dam", right when you walk in.  I noticed it for the first time this year.


 

My first thoughts:  Okay, so maybe I didn't have any first thoughts.  I just erupted into uncontrollable laughter. Look at that fat little watermelon boy!  His bow tie, his chunky face, his ears poking out, his pinstripe overalls.  Adorable.  Hilarious.  I wish I could time travel, just to get a glimpse of this kid in real life.

But the longer I stood there,  I thought,  what does this picture have to do with the making of Glen Canyon dam?  
Answer: This picture has nothing to do with the dam.  I honestly think some random member of the national monument committee, just fell in love with this picture and had to put it up on the wall.

I'm in love with this picture too. 

3 comments:

kellie. said...

Haha. That's so dam funny. Love this! :)

Unknown said...

I love this dam post. ;)

Unknown said...

Why do you guys always go on dam vacations without me?

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright Behind Sky Eyes . All Rights Reserved.

Designed by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine

Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates