"Obviously I have some explaining to do..."


 An Anti or Perhaps Almost Love Story...
Just in time for















 (Based Primarily on Conjecture)







I walk through a tunnel under the street to get to class every day.  

 


Sadly,  this is not a Ninja Turtle Anti-or-Perhaps-Almost Love Story. And no, I'm not a Ninja Turtle, and I don't live in the sewer. (Although that might be cool.) 

I just have the really cheap parking permit.
The map:



 As you can see I have to pass a busy road to get to real campus from my car.  Hence, a handy little pedestrian tunnel.

(The Anti-or-Perhaps-Almost Love Story is coming; don't get your panties in a wad)

People draw on the tunnel walls with chalk.  Cool. Eclectic. I genuinely wish their inner child selves the optimum happiness.

But sometimes I don't think people realize it doesn't rain inside tunnels. And no campus maintenance guy is going to come waltzing down there to hose off your cute little doodles when its dead cold Logan winter.

People- do you know that your chalk messages and pictures might as well be tattooed to those walls? And do you understand how many hundreds of poor people park in the poor people parking lot, walking through that tunnel daily?



So now you're probably wondering, "Where's the love story?!  She promised me a love story!"

With all of that lead up, I give to you my favorite chalk inscription.....





Written in rainbow colored chalk, girl handwriting, taking up the entire wall:

"Obviously I have some explaining to do, 
but know that you mean so much to me."

[The first time I read that I was like, the girl totally cheated on him...]



"Will you please call me as soon as you get this?
No matter what hour it is?"

[And then I'm thinking "No matter what hour it is?" is technically not a question but whatevs.]



"Oh- 1 more thing
I AM SO SORRY! "

[Hmph.  Decent apology I suppose]
[And I'm also thinking:  Did he call her? Did he call her?  Are they together? What if he didn't see the message? What if he didn't park in the poor people parking lot ever again? What then?]

 

On the next slab of concrete is this drawing:


 And I'm thinking Whoakay (Whoa! + okay..?= Whoakay). That was harsh. 


And further down the tunnel after the dead girl in big, boy handwriting:
 


I LOVE 
SARAH!!!

[Geez, that Sarah girl was a fast rebound.  Poor Briana.]

And they all lived an anti or perhaps almost happily ever after. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright Behind Sky Eyes . All Rights Reserved.

Designed by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine

Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates