The Beyond Section

I've lived the majority of my life in small towns  with Walmart as the main center of consumerism.

I knew stores such as these existed,  I just never spent much quality time in them.



They're kind of like a revelation for me.  I know they're nothing special, but it's nice to know people specialize.




Confessions of a non-almost-hater-shop-o-holic:

- I have shopped more in the past two months then probably my entire life combined.

 - Last weekend, while spending some quality time with the Fashion Place Mall,  I had an epiphany:
  People shop for fun.  I mean, it's like recreation for them.  They just go to the store for something to do.  And half the time they don't buy anything.  Can you believe it?!

And they stay in these stores for hours!!

A few weeks ago, against my better judgement, I spent three and a half hours in Bed, Bath and Beyond.  No, I wasn't enthralled with their new line of tubberware; I was hashing through a wedding registry.  The point is:  I was in that store way too long.

And the crazy part about it was there were people in there, recreational shoppers if you will, that were there when we walked in and still strolling around the store when we walked out.  What could possibly possess someone to spend over three hours willingly in a store?!  There's only three sections people:
Section one-Bed, 
Section two- Bath,
Section three- Beyond.

...Maybe they get lost in the Beyond section....(Thank you Adam Sandler)



There was this one lady with children, innocent children I tell you,  who was chatting with the customer service representative when we came in and was fingering the linens when we walked out.  Disgusting.

 In the midst of comparing the fluffiness of various blue towels,  I spied this lady's daughter in the pillow section. The little girl was sitting on the floor, leaning against a shelf, smothering her scream in some feather filled shrink wrapped business.

I couldn't help but think, "You and me both, sister.  You and me both."


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright Behind Sky Eyes . All Rights Reserved.

Designed by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine

Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates